How are others handling their Price List Updates?

AshleyAshley Accounting Supervisor

So how do other people handle price list updates? Do you just hold all sales orders until it's time and then enter them? Or just go through and update pricing after the fact?

I've asked this question on the help desk b/c we were looking to see if the periods and discounts function could help with this process. Seems like not many people are using this function, and it won't retro-actively update SO's even if the date is within the setting.

I just feel like there's got to be a better and more efficient way of handling this. Thanks in advance for any insight! :-)

Thanks!
Ashley

Comments

• CaraDCaraD Administrative Director

I use the price list utility to keep things updated on a wide reach across price lists. The sales team will let me know what the price is for the upcoming release, usually before they make out the sales order, or at the sales order level. That way the price will attach to it at delivery or invoice.

• AshleyAshley Accounting Supervisor

Thanks CaraD for your input. I think that's the key is to have your pricing set up for the most part before the SO's are created.

• stephanie.mcveystephanie.mcvey CFO
    edited October 2019

You can update pricing for all sales orders entered in the system after using the pricing list utility.
    https://support.orchestrated.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000345648-Update-Prices-in-Documents