DESCRIPTION: RISE Brewing Co. is the fastest growing nitro cold brew coffee brand in the country. Launched in 2015, we have grown to 30+ employees, 7,000+ doors, and created award-winning SKUs that have distinguished us in a competitive, exploding category.
We are looking for someone to fill an important role at an important time in our company’s growth. This position will be part of RISE’s finance team. Our ideal candidate has the following qualities:
• Organized and detailed. We are growing quickly, have a relatively complex supply chain and are adding new products, partners and customers at a rapid rate. You are someone that is responsible, organized, “on top of it,” and wants to solve issues before they arise and can work with limited oversight on your day-to-day responsibilities.
• Financial and accounting expertise. You will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services and to ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations. You will process and monitor both incoming payments to secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts as well as coding incoming bills and processing outgoing payments.
• Cultural fit. You may be coming from a bigger brand or firm, but you love getting your hands dirty. Your excited to join a fast-growing startup with a fun culture. You can thrive in a largely hands-off, remote work environment and are someone who “gets things done” without being micromanaged. You believe in being supportive and enjoy collaborating with other departments.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This candidate will help address and solve the following:
• Manage vendor payments and customer receivables, posting activity to accounting system.
• Manage cash applications from remote deposit lockbox and electronic transactions.
• Prepares aging reports for AP/AR and disseminate to management team on a weekly basis.
• Monitors deduction for trades spend account, investigating the validity of deductions taken by working with sales/brokers and taking appropriate actions based upon findings.
• Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
• Responsible for employee expense reimbursement process as well as issuing payments.
• Running reports/providing data as requested by various departments as part of the overall support function of accounting.
COMPENSATION: Competitive, along with benefits and equity. We are still a remote team that offers flexible PTO and work from home.
LOCATION: Our ideal candidate is based in the Bend, Oregon / Deschutes County area. We do not have a formal office at this time and, while we value being able to get together in person when helpful, the majority of work is remote.
● Minimum 3 years of experience in a finance / accounting related role, with an emphasis on AP and AR.
● Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or related field a plus.
● General math, data entry, analysis and financial software skills.
● CPG industry knowledge preferred.
● Strong attention to detail and accuracy, extremely organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks in a timely manner, with minimal supervision
● Advanced knowledge of the following or similar programs: SAP Business One, Microsoft Excel, Bill.com / Cash Flow 360, Gusto, and Expensify / Tallie.